Just in time for Valentine's Day weekend, here is a dessert you can enjoy without feeling guilty about it!
The lemon and fruit make this parfait a refreshing treat for a light dessert (or romantic breakfast!)
Fat-free vanilla pudding mixed with low-fat yogurt are used as a healthy substitution for full-fat ice cream - plus combining the yogurt with the pudding makes it creamier and reduces tanginess.
Vanilla-Lemon Berry ParfaitsPrep Time: 10 minutes | Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 6 tablespoons yogurt mixture & 1/2 cup fruit Ingredients:
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 (3.5-ounce) containers fat-free vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon curd
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups mixed berries (such as strawberries and raspberries)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding, yogurt, lemon curd, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey until combined. Add the mixed berries, and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat them with the honey mixture.
- Assemble the parfaits in four 8-ounce glasses. Using measuring spoons, scoop 3 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture into each glass. Top with 1/4 cup of the berries, then another 3 tablespoons yogurt, and another 1/4 cup berries. If desired, garnish each parfait with fresh mint. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Want to make your dish extra special? For an added touch, try cutting up your strawberries to look like hearts!