Dust off your sneakers and bring your workout back into the great outdoors.If you are sick of gym equipment and indoor aerobic classes then these two circuit workouts are perfect for you. All you need is a can-do attitude!
Hit the TrackSay so long to your treadmill once a week and take your cardio outside. Do a quick search for a school near you that has a track and bleachers, then get into gear with this workout:
- Warm up your muscles with a slow jog around the track.
- Interval run: Run a single lap maintaining a pace at which you would not be able to carry on a conversation. Slow down your next lap and run at a speed that would allow you to comfortably chat with a friend. Continue alternating this jog mix for 10 minutes.
- For 5 minutes jog up and down bleachers
- Grab some water (you earned it!), then get back to the track and repeat the interval run
- Finish strong with a 5-minute stair climb of the bleachers
Round the BasesThis workout takes you out into the field. Locate your local baseball diamond and see how many “home runs” you can make with this workout:
- Warm up your muscles by jogging the bases
- Starting at home plate sprint to first base and do 10 Jumping Jacks
- Sprint to second base and do 10 squats
- Sprint to third base and do 10 push-ups (on knees or toes depending on your comfort level)
- Sprint to home plate and catch your breath
- Round the bases again; stop at each base to perform the designated exercise. The goal is to complete 9 rounds or “innings.”